The rules and conditions below shall apply to all at Abercothi.
Please ensure that you have read and abide by these and if you have organised any party or group or brought any guests that they do so also. Thank you.
1. Anyone fishing should take care when so doing, especially at night. You should be aware that wading can be hazardous and extreme care should be taken at all times when wading, crossing the river or climbing up or down the banks or when fishing from the boards. Rocks can be slippery, there can be deep holes and if in any doubt wading sticks and/or safety jackets should be worn.
2. Fishing shall be supervised by the Ghillie whose reasonable directions shall be adhered to. The Estate and/or Ghillie reserve the right to revoke any permission at any time should in their opinion any of the rules or conditions are broken.
3. The fishing at Abercothi is divided into three beats, Llwch Gwyn, Abercothi and Junction. Rods shall be allocated a beat and these shall rotate on a daily basis. Rods shall stick to the boundaries of their beat at all times unless otherwise advised by the Ghillie. Rods may fish on their allocated Beat from 0700 hrs until 0700 hrs the following day.
4. The Upper and Lower Bridge Pools are not part of the rotating beats and may be fished at the Ghillie’s discretion.
5. All rods should be in possession of a valid EA Licence. The fishing shall be by fly or spinner only. Worms are not permitted except in the Bridge Pools.
6. The fishing is almost all double bank (if in doubt look at the plan in the Rod Room) except part of the Junction Beat, which is single bank. Rods shall make themselves aware of and abide by the bank sharing arrangements with the opposite bank on that part of the Junction beat. Please report any transgressions immediately to the Ghillie.
7. Guests are encouraged to return fish they catch, and please refrain from lifting them clear of the water. In any event all Salmon caught before June 16th must be returned.
8. All fish caught, whether returned or not, shall be recorded in the catch record book in the Rod Room, without fail please. Please use a new line for each fish. Please keep the Rod Room tidy. Rods may use the freezer in the Rod Room.
9. Any children must be kept under control and supervision, especially by the River, which can be very dangerous.
10. Dogs are allowed at Abercothi but must be under control please (Beware of nesting duck, livestock etc.). Guests may use the kennels but please leave clean afterwards. Dogs are not permitted in the Fishing Lodge or the Farmhouse.
11. When driving or fishing near the river please keep lights to a minimum.
12. Guests shall be responsible for the security of all their own vehicles, fishing and other equipment and valuables at all times. The Partners of Abercothi Fishing shall not be held liable for the loss or damage.
13. Smoking is not permitted in the Farmhouse or Rod Room.
14. The accommodation should be ready by 1500hrs on the day of arrival and guests are asked to have the house ready for cleaning by 1100 hrs on the day they leave. There are facilities in the Rod Room if need be.
15. Any damage or complaints/comments should be made to the Ghillie (07977 940204) or the Estate Office.